Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chapter 27 Pics MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tuesday, December 22nd

Me, Hanna, Sarah, and Sammy went to my student, Samuel's, Chinese School today to give the kids a Christmas Party. It hasn't felt much like Christmas around these parts without family and such, so bringing these kids a little Christmas cheer really got me into the spirit! We played games, had a magic show, read a Christmas story, sang carols, and had a visit from Santa.

Samuel and Teacher Tanier...I'll miss this little bugger...he's the one who lived in England for quite some time, and likes to say 'trousers' and 'mum'...

Of course none of the kids spoke English, but they sure were cute. This is my new friend....she was giggling and smiling throughout the whole party.

Reading The Polar Express...My favorite Christmas story, and a tradition to the Glauser family on Christmas Eve! Again, these kids had no idea what I was saying, but I kept some of their attention until the end.

A visit from Santa Claus...HO HO HO....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Samuel's Chinese class.


Wednesday, December 23rd
Picture time with my students!

My 7A class--you can tell they were really happy to take this picture!

My 2A's...I'm gonna miss these little rascals...

SPE group shot!

Annie and Annie (2A)...I remember on the first week of class she wrote in her journal that she was the most beautiful girl in class. Well, she is pretty darn cute...and funny too! We've already exchanged emails!


Friday, December 24th MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

What better way then to spend Christmas Eve at McDonald's!!! We took our Super Students to dinner tonight. Although Christmas Eve means nothing to them, it was fun to be with the kids tonight!

Hank's family. His sister, Sunny, is just adorable!

Me and New Jimmy...I just wanted ONE good picture, but all he wanted to do was play Kung Fu...better luck next time!


Friday, December 25th MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My first Christmas away from home! I can't believe it! Thank goodness for video cams and skype! I was able to talk to my family, and I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. I forgot how funny they all are. I loved being in the background listening to everyone--it was as if I were watching 'Christmas Vacation' Glauser style. There was so much comotion...everyone was jabbering at the same time about this and that...and then there was me, making faces in the cam to see if anyone was watching...haha! What a good time. I can't wait to see everyone in February!

The BEST family ever! Glauser Christmas 2008 {Last year's Christmas Pictures. Not pictured: Jaime Glauser, Krista Wilson, and Gideon Barlow}
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5419924156605341394" />

Santa's Elve's and one little helper {Sara snuck in the picture...what a cutiepatutie}

Tasty Tasty! Christmas Dinner with the teachers and secretaries! Best $15 I've ever spent {this seven course meal is to die for...especially the chocolate bag}


Saturday, December 26th

I spent the day packing up all my junk! I can't believe everything fits. That little green backpack, and only that little green backpack, is going to be my companion for my 35-day backpacking trip. Wahoo....

Dinner at Max and Viv's with Julia. I'm gonna miss this girl!



Sunday, December 27th
I had to say goodbye to the WuChuan 2nd Branch today...this branch has been my second family and I'm thankful for all their love! Here are some of the peeps I had to say goodbye to today:

Our little Relief Society...Ber Han {Maryland's sister school} is done teaching, so those few sisters have already left Taiwan.

Elna and her beautiful girls...

Branch President and his family--The Baclayons. President, Melissa, Emily, and Bradley.

Me and Bush--coolest dude around!

Angela, me, Jenae, and Kevin.

Elder and Sister Greene

Manti and the girls!

1 comment:

hanna said...

Look at those sweat pants. Sexy!