Friday, December 11, 2009

Chapter 24 Pictures!!!

Friday, December 4th
Bowling and BBQ for Sammy's birthday!

Emily and Penny took us to a great little BBQ place. We thought it may be a little sketch at first, but it was delish....especially the bean curd!
Yummy BBQ...grab a basket and fill 'er up! Ala Carte style.

Food vendors...what to choose? I got a pork roll, corn on the cob, green peppers, and of course, bean curd!

Em and me waiting for our food...who knows how they keep all those orders straight...it's not as if they gave me a number or anything.

We almost had to ride our bikes because we didn't have to enough scooters for transportation...I know, lazy right? Well, leave it up to my boss Sherry to lend us her scooter for the night--so nice!

Sarah, putting out the vibe at the alley! The Asian men love her...

This dude had the best hair...EVER! Pretty sure he was getting sick of us taking sneaky, stalker photos of him, so we finally just asked for a shot, and he complied.

Here's the group bowling for Sammy's birthday!



Saturday, December 5th

Tabbi, Lisa, and I took a bus to Puli to hang out with our friend, Shan Fen. This was one of the few trips we've taken without a Taiwanese friend, AKA guide...so Tabbi had Emily write down some key phrases for us.

Tabbi doesn't have much faith in us. I, on the other hand, think we could get around just fine, but I'm glad that Tabs takes the extra precaution...even if it does hurt my pride, ha! Thanks Tabbi...this will come in handy for China!

"Hi, I'm Tanier and I'm completely helpless! Can you help me?"

On our way to the Chung Tai Shan monastery...scootin' around!

Chung Tai Shan Monastery. The landscape around the monastery reminded me much of Temple Square...beautiful flowers and trees everywhere!

At the bridge outside the Monastery.
Shan Fen, Cynthia, me, Tabbi, Lisa

Being greeted by the jolly, gold Buddha, with lips of red!
Tabbi, Lisa, Me, Cynthia, Shan Fen

Inside the entrance hall were these huge statue columns of different gods, amazing!

Here's a first...RED DRAGONS?

Lisa and I at the entrance doors--gargantuan....

The monastery...so beautiful...this was the best picture I could get because we were so close. Our friend told us it cost over the price of 72 LDS temples combined. Fact or Fiction? It took just over 10 years to construct and is home to over 1,000 Buddhist monks and nuns.

I'll be riding on one of these in a month! Wahoo!

Buddhist nuns--they were cute!

Goofing around...Where's T?

Dumplings....we thought they were Shao lone Bao...ended up being mini steamed buns


Formosan Cultural Center....Aborigines? Or so we thought....Tabbi and I have been wanting to see the aborigine lifestyle. We went to what we thought would be a museum of some sort, it ended up that we landed ourselves in an amusement park. Good thing I like roller coasters!

Cable Car ride up the mountain...breathtaking!

Aborigine Show.

Beautiful Taiwanese dancers...Taiwanese dress...



A kid at heart...I don't even remember the last time I rode a carousel, but it was sure fun!

The Rose Garden's...got there just in time to snap a pic before the sun went down


Sunday, December 6th

Walking home from church, we ran into our good friend Charles on the crowded streets of Tai Chung. Happenstance? ...that was probably the last time I'll ever see him, so SAD. He's been such a good friend! Farewell Charles!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Everything looks so amazing. I bet you're having the best time. I don't know if you heard, but Keesha is coming home this Friday!

Stevenson Stories said...

Hey hey! You are looking great as ever. I hope you enjoy the holidays over there because chances are you will never be able to spend another Christmas there. Love you and miss you tons! Can't wait to see you soon!