Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chapter 9

A couple weeks ago, Kitty's parents took all us teachers out for dinner. We went to a really nice restaurant called Tasty! The food was amazing--7 courses. I think this picture of Kitty pretty much sums everything up!


Girls night out! Sarah and I went to Taichung to stay the night at Torry's. We made yummy American cookies--mom's 'secret' recipe, and we gave ourselves pedicures and facials...oh so nice!

Torry and her nephew Leongan! He decided he wanted to hang out with the girls...he was so fun and such a little helper!








Last weekend I had my first home visit. Sammy and I were invited by one of our student's (Evence), to go with her and her family to the ancient temple city of Lu-Kang. We had a blast. Evence's family was so kind. I tried some traditional food (oyster omelet), and saw lots of cool Buddhist temples!

My favorite little SPE....Evence! She is full of spunk and so FUN! She's definitely gonna be a heart breaker!


Evence's little sister Claire, SOOOOO ADORABLE! I just love her. She was super shy at first, but mid-day, she was holding my hand...precious!


Our first stop in LuKang...Wenwu Temple.


Outside the Wunwu Temple and Wenkai academy!


Sammy and I with Evence's family! They were so nice to take us to LuKang.


Evence and I at the museum of Taiwanese Folkways


Baby shoes? ....think again....yes, these are woman's shoes, the ones they wore back in the day when binding feet was thought of as attractive. Ouch, so painful!


This little boy was outside of the museum teaching me how to play this Chinese game...I was horrible; thus, no pictures....he on the otherhand, was an expert.


Cupid's shrine....so colorful!


Cutest lil' family ever - Evence, her dad, and sister Claire


Strikin a pose at the Long-Shan Temple...I'm such a cheerleader. This was the first Buddhist temple built in Taiwan around 1653


Evence showing me 'Bai Bai'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How is it going? Are you liking it over there? How is the teaching? Your pictures are great! I love how bright and colorful everything is. Miss you! Love Ky & Jen

missy said...

Nice facial mask...

Okay, it may be too early to start thinking about classes, but you're off doing something crazy and exciting, while I'm here, stuck watching people go to school. It's weird...

Miss you Linda Lou

the glendenning family said...

Tanier...WE miss you haven't been to Lake Powell since you left... can't do it with out you! Looks like you are having a blast! Wish miss would have gone with you. Keep up the good work!