Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chapter 14 Pics

SUN MOON LAKE Day Trip! Saturday, September 26th

Sun Moon Lake at first glance! Biggest lake in Taiwan, located in the center of the island!


The Changhua group! Roommates and Secretary (L-R): Sarah Lilly, Emily Yeh, Tabbi Perkins, Hanna Postma, and Me!

Birthday Stairs....most fitting since it was Tabbi's Birthday weekend...18 years, once again! Happy Birthday Tip!

Birthday wishes...upclose peek!

Tabbi and I outside the Wunwu Temple....

Biggest Lions in Taiwan!

Real or Fake? or as the Chinese say....True or False? You be the judge!

Making a wish...this is my wishing stick that I pulled from the jar!
- Wish One: Play it cool and safe, be careful the double games. To be meticulous at every step can triumph in every battle.
- Wish Two: Life-long fame and wealth. Victory in litigation. Illness cured speedily. Ideal marriage. To have a newborn son (as you know, having sons was very prized traditionally). Travelers to return home soon.
Sounds like two great wished huh? Fake out! As I was reading my wishes to the girls, Sarah looked down at my paper and said, “Tanier, didn’t you pull out stick number 37, not 36?” Whoops, I grabbed the wrong wish! Silly me…alright, second time around, real wish
- Wish Two (for real): Litigation be compromised. Ailment be prayed for peace. Wealth begged only a few. Seeking fame be secured scarcely. Marriage may be matched. Travelers be sent back. To incline toward charity be assured as round as the full-moon.
Haha….so my ‘real’ second wish isn’t as great as the first I picked up….eh….it’s sixes. After reading our wishes, Christina directed us over to the ‘wish interpreter.’ He asked what I had wished for….a little reluctant to tell him, I did anyhow….”Ugh, will I ever get married?” Haha, what a wish eh! His reply, “Open your heart and don’t be sooo stubborn!!!” No the answer I was looking for!

Atop the temple!


The group at Shueishe Warf...lunch=dumplings=my favorite!

Pic with a native!

Tabbi and I in front of the beautiful lake!


Cihen Pagoda

Swinging on a vine....this didn't last long....Tarzan makes it look much easier!

Drum jumping!

Giant Bell!

Atop the Pagoda.

Peacocks Farm!


Boat ride around Sun Moon Lake!





Proof that everywhere I go, I must get my temperature taken!

2 comments:

Miki Lee said...

TAIWAN LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha, that last picture cracks me up! You are beautiful. Thanks for keeping me posted. :)